Dieters, welcome to the Carnival of the Recipes!
Welcome to the Carnival of Recipes! As this week's host I asked for recipes for those trying to lose weight and stay motivated on their weight loss journey. I got that...and more (ah hem, read the instructions people.) Thanks to everyone who participated!
Recipes for dieters (with Weight Watchers POINTS):
- Chef Tom presents Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peach-Ginger Chutney posted at Chef Tom Cooks - Recipe Blog. Tom's recipe is 10 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving, so save it for a splurge. To lower it, substitute chicken for the pork. Bet the chutney would be good on fish, too.
- Karen Weideman presents Low Fat Strawberry Crunch Recipe posted at Thrifty Mommy. Oh my goodness, only 1 Weight Watcers POINT per serving!
- Kathee presents Savory Garlic Shrimp posted at Famous Recipes. Only 4 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving.
- Bill presents Lentil Salad posted at Famous Recipes. Bill doesn't give fiber info so I'm guessing the recipe has about 3 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving.
- Pancake Recipes presents Weight Watcher's Blueberry Bran Pancakes posted at Pancake Recipes. Only 4 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving!
- Cookie at Cooking Capers gives her take on String Bean Salad. The oil would add another Weight Watchers POINT (or two) to the recipe, but the garlic and balsamic vinegar won't
Recipes for dieters (without Weight Watchers POINTS):
- Karen Weideman presents Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert posted at Balance In Diet. Karen suggests bringing this as a potluck dish.
- Lady Rose presents Reborn Recipe - Baked Apple Pancake posted at The Diet Pulpit. She loves this recipe for a special weekend brunch for the whole family that I can enjoy and still stay on my healthy eating plan.
- NerdMom presents Nerd Family: Easy Chocolate Souffle posted at Nerd Family. The recipe came from Cooking Light and only has 79 calories per serving.
- Amy Allen Clark presents Pumpkin Streusel Muffins posted at Amy Allen Clark. At first you think, this isn't low fat/calorie, but Amy says the Weight Watchers version contains only the cake mix and pumpkin- no egg and no oil.
- Stephanie presents Stop the Ride!: Make Your Own Microwave Popcorn posted at Stop the Ride!. She says making your own microwave popcorn allows you to control the amount of fat and salt for a healthy diet friendly snack.
- Amanda Harris presents Recipes: Chicken Noodle Soup posted at Pajama Mommy Community. No nutritional info, but boy nothing healthier than chicken noodle soup from scratch. Want to lower the calories? Add more veggies and eliminate the noodles.
- Joel Fuhrman, MD presents Superior Seasonal Servings posted at Disease Proof. I feel healthy just reading these recipes!
- Marsha Hudnall presents Healthy Recipe: Powerhouse Dried Plum Bars posted at A Weight Lifted. Don't you love how prunes are now called "dried plums"? How PC.
- Dani presents Ginger-Glazed Carrot Slaw posted at Catch the Spoon. I would eliminate the butter and saute in a little veggie broth instead.
- DeputyHeadmistress presents Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes posted at The Common Room. I've never made oatmeal in a crockpot, but her recipes sound stick-to-your-ribs good!
- Shawn presents Roasted Garlic Turkey Burgers with Portobello Mushrooms at Everything and Nothing. Forget the turkey burgers and buns - just give me the sauteed mushrooms and onions. That way I can have the blue cheese, too.
Low carb recipes:
- Slow Cooker Recipes presents Crock pot Hungarian Goulash Low Carb posted at Slow Cooker Recipes. Don't you just love your crockpot? This recipe has 6 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving.
- Christmas Recipes presents Portuguese Pork Tenderloin posted at Christmas Recipes. Even though it has 7 grams of fat, this recipe only has 4 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving.
Recipes for diabetics:
- Heidi at Mommy Monsters, Inc. says this week she came up with a tasty dish that is diabetic friendly (uses sweet potatoes instead of white) and is reasonably healthy - "Playing Rachel Ray Today": Twenty-Minute Tuna Hash.
- Diabetic Recipes presents Chicken in Fragrant Spices Diabetic posted at Diabetic Recipes. This sounds delicious and is not just for diabetics - only 4 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving!
And then there's our non-dieting bloggers:
- Nancy Hayssen presents Winemaking Secrets from Napa & Sonoma, California posted at Save Time & Money with Our FREE Travel Tips, Deals, and Stories of Adventure! A mini course on wine making.
- Courtesy of Resistence is Futile, Gullyborg's recipe for a cheese, egg and bacon sandwich is in honor of 9/11, so we'll forgive him for tempting us with his fabulous pictures of frying pork products. Mmmmmm....
- Thelly presents Chicken and Broccoli Cavatappi posted at Chicken Recipes. At 500 calories with cheese sauce and cheese spread, I wonder why Thelly submitted this to a diet food carnival?
- Melissa presents Reducipe - Chicken Tetrazzini posted at A Penny Closer. With all its butter and cream, just reading the recipe gave me chest pains.
- Kimberly presents Beating the Breakfast Blues posted at ‡ ~ Anchored by Grace ~ ‡. Warning: sausage alert!
For the funny bone:
- Hillbilly Willy presents Cajun Squirrel Stew posted at Hillbilly Willy -Fun, Food & Politics. Goodness knows just considering Squirrel Stew would make me ravenous for a salad.
- Conan Stevens presents Special Fried Rice Recipe posted at Action Hero In Asia. Can you say "spell check"?
- Kevin presents Halloween Recipe Favorites posted at More4kids Parenting and Family. Some great ideas for Halloween.
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|